Apparently, according to the Mayan Calendar, today marks the end of the world.
If you are reading this, this hasn’t happened.
However, expect to see repeated screenings of the disaster movie “2012” this week, which, given its running time of 2.6 hours, may make you feel that the end cannot come quickly enough.
Seriously though, if you are feeling anxious or afraid today, call one of the numbers below. You are not alone. And whatever today brings, you are safe in God's hands.
- Lifeline - 13 11 14 (24 hours)
- Lifeline crisis support chat (8pm to midnight every day)
- Kids Help Line - 1800 551 800 (24 hours)
- Kids Help Line web counselling (3.30pm to 10.30pm)
- Crisis Care Unit - 13 16 11 (4pm to 9am)