15 June 2015

Refugee Week - 14 to 20 June 2015

Refugee Week, 14 to 20 June 2015, is an opportunity to celebrate through theatre, music, dance, film and other events, the rich diversity that refugees bring to our community in Australia.

Many refugee community organisations, voluntary and statutory organisations, local councils, schools, student groups and faith-based organisations host events during this week.

In South Australia, over 100 organisations will join together during SA Refugee Week to present more than 60 celebratory events. The week is also a chance to highlight the reasons why people seek asylum and become refugees.


In Refugee Week we can:
  • educate others about who refugees are and why they have left their homeland
  • help people understand the many challenges refugees face
  • focus on how churches and communities can provide safe and welcoming environments for refugees
  • pray - https://www.facebook.com/bread4today/posts/1012398988783922


For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.
Matthew 25:35

No comments:

Post a Comment